Dear EPNO Community,
It’s been a long year, filled with lots of ups, downs, and terrifying in-betweens. We hope this message finds you as healthy and well-rested as you can be, and proud of the challenges you have overcome this past year.
We close out the EPNO 2020 year with gratitude, determination, and hope. We are grateful for you–the EPNO community–for coming together to give $20,975 to New Orleans-area nonprofits providing vital services to our city and our people. We are determined to strengthen EPNO’s foundational curriculum of nurturing a lifelong habit of sustained giving and are further committed to ensuring that the tenets of racial and social equity are ingrained within our values, our structure, and our practices. And, finally, we are hopeful for EPNO’s future. We are committed in our resolve to continually re-examine and refine EPNO’s value proposition to the Greater New Orleans community and are grateful for the work of previous boards and very enthusiastic to get to work with next year’s board.
We are honored and excited to announce the 2021 EPNO Board of Directors:
- Kristen Amond | Partner, Mills & Amond LLP
- Essence Banks | Founder/President, Heart N Hands, Inc.
- Jenna Burt (Vice-Chair) | Development Officer, Tulane University
- Lizy Freudmann | Owner/Founder, One More Thing, LLC
- Jarvis Gorden | Development Officer, Tulane University
- Caitlin Gottstine | Director, Alumni Relations, A. B. Freeman School of Business, Tulane University
- Kevin Hagan | Program Manager, City of New Orleans Office of Workforce Development
- Iran “Seth” Heavey | Business Services Consultant, Louisiana Workforce Commission
- Elizabeth Hyman | Associate, Office of Morris H. Hyman
- Denali Lander | Executive Director, Youth Run NOLA
- Meaghan McCormack | Executive Director, St. Bernard Economic Development Foundation
- Bethany Paulsen | Development Consultant, Paulsen Group Consulting
- Laura Romanosky (Co-chair) | Director of Finance, Special Education Leader Fellowship (SELF)
- Terrance Taylor (Treasurer) | CEO, Taylor Glenn Consulting
- Xiaobin Tuo (Co-Chair) | Chief Information Officer, U.S. Coast Guard District Eight
- Julie Ward | Communications Director, New Orleans JCC
- Peter Young (Secretary) | Associate Director of Undergraduate Reunions, Tulane University
We are thankful for the work and vision of the 2020 EPNO Board of Directors: Kristen Amond, Jenna Burt, Patrick Busby, Shani Christopher, Lizy Freudmann, Elizabeth Hyman, Meaghan McCormack, Bob Payne, Laura Romanosky, Terrance Taylor, Xiaobin Tuo, Bradford Walker, Julie Ward, Peter Young.
We give thanks and gratitude to our friends and partners: Tap Bui (United Way), Sonny Lee (Son of a Saint), Larry Washington (Junior Achievement of Greater New Orleans), Margot Bradenburg (Ford Foundation), Ciara Coleman (Kellogg Foundation), Hassan Hassan (4.0 Schools), Jessica Dandrige (New Orleans Water Collaborative), and the Greater New Orleans Foundation.
And a big THANK YOU to our donors! In order to prioritize other needs within the nonprofit sector, EPNO did not pursue any foundation grants this year; all of our revenue came from YOU, our community. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Happy holidays and happy new year! We look forward to working together in 2021. If you are interested in becoming more engaged with EPNO, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Xiaobin Tuo ‘18 & Laura Romanosky ‘18
Chairs, 2021 EPNO Board of Directors